Monday, February 28, 2011

Choose a Bird...


   I have always really loved to watch birds and I find them to be great subject matter for drawings and paintings.  I decided that I would create a new unit where students would be asked to look closely at the shapes, textures and colors of real birds.  Someone gave me a set of note cards that feature colorful close-up photos of several different birds.  These cards became the perfect starting point for our exploration of birds as an inspiration for artwork. Some of them are pictured above.
   Look carefully at these photos to see if you can match them to the student drawings that will be included in upcoming posts!  I will include drawings from different students who used the same bird photo.  I want to point out that only one student from each class was permitted to select each bird.  In other words, each student had their inspiration photo to study closely during each class period.
 

No comments: