Saturday, September 11, 2010

relief sculptures

These are some of the amazing mixed-media relief sculptures that my students created from one of the shape creatures they developed in the first part of the lesson. A relief sculpture is flat on the back and raised up on the front. I had the students build their sculptures on top of a 16 x 20 canvas panel. This way I knew that it would be strong enough to handle all of the media that we would be using! We used a variety of supplies on this project, including scrap wood, chipboard, found objects, beads, wire, magazine collage and paints.

The incredible art featured here was created by Alex, Jarrison, Dylan and Shannon. (Left to right)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ciara said...

Thats really good I Like The little guy with the button eyes

one little deer said...

I love that one too! This lesson was a lot of work, but as you can see, "Hard work pays off!"
:) Mrs. D